The IB Learner Profile is integral to all 3 IB programmes and provides a long-term vision of education. It is a set of ideals that can inspire, motivate and focus the work of schools and teachers, uniting them in a common purpose.
Here are some comments from our students on how they have been developing the attributes of the profile in the PYP:
- Principled “I am honest and trustworthy”
- Risk-taker “You try something you haven’t tried before. Trying new things helps us learn”
- Inquirer “We ask questions and find answers to our questions”
- Reflective “We think about what we did well and what we can do better”
- Open-minded “You listen to others’ ideas and respect them”
- Caring “We take care of each other no matter what we look like, who we are, or where we come from”