The ability to speak English is generally not a requirement for applicants to Primary School but becomes increasingly more important for applicants to Secondary School. Advanced English language skills are required for entry into the higher grades of the Secondary School.
As H.I.S. has limited Learning Support resources, applicants with severe learning disabilities can be admitted only if, in the School Director's judgment, adequate provision can be made to meet their needs.
1. Begin the admissions process:
• submit an Application for Admission
• submit payment of the Administration Fee (€365 per applicant – see School Fees).
2. Download, complete and submit the Invoice Information Form.
3. Submit the following support information (photocopies and scans are welcome):
For applications to Early Primary 1, Early Primary 2 or Grade 1:
• a picture recently drawn by the applicant of his/her family.
• if the applicant is attending or has attended a kindergarten, pre-school or nursery:
- a copy of the most recent mid-year or end of year progress/developmental report.
- a copy of the end of year progress/developmental report from the previous year.
- three recent examples of the applicant’s work in literacy at pre-school or kindergarten.
- three recent examples of the applicant’s work in numeracy at pre-school or kindergarten.
For applications to Grade 2 through Grade 12:
• a copy of the most recent mid-year or end of year school report.
• a copy of the end of year school report from the previous school year.
• a copy of the end of year school report from two years ago.
• three recent examples of the applicant’s school work in English; preferably handwritten examples of Creative Writing, such as stories, essays, book reports or journal entries, which includes the teacher’s assessment.
• three recent examples of the applicant’s school work in Mathematics, such as homework, class work or tests, which includes the teacher’s assessment.
Additional English language and/or academic prerequisites could be requested for admission to the Middle Years or Diploma Programmes.
After all of the required information has been submitted, parents will be contacted to arrange an appointment for the applicant to be interviewed. (Alternative arrangements may be possible for applicants who do not live in the Heidelberg area.)
Admission decisions can be made only after completion of the steps listed above. Parents are notified of the admission decision by email from the Admissions Counsellor.
With an offer of enrolment, parents receive an H.I.S. Enrolment Contract and an invoice for school fees by email. Enrolment is confirmed by H.I.S. only if the completed Enrolment Contract and payment of school fees have been received by a stipulated due date.